Help us Grow!
Download the KLSRC Help us Grow document to find out how you can become an official KLSRC Business Supporter or KLSRC Sport and Recreation Organization Member!
The Kawartha Lakes Sport & Recreation Council is committed to the enhancement and promotion of sport, recreation and healthy active living opportunities for all citizens in CKL. We strive to support the growth of sport and recreation in CKL by providing a network for sport organizations to share resources and expertise.
Join KLSRC if you are…an individual, agency, business or organization that enables, supports, funds, or delivers sport and recreation opportunities, with an interest in developing physical literacy and observing positive outcomes in health, education, and community development.
- Collaboration – Facilitate improved communication and cooperation between groups committed to sport, health and active recreation
- Communication – Promoting the benefits of participation in sport and recreation
- Advocacy – Be a united voice to advocate for the sport and recreation community
- Inclusion – Strive to ensure sport and recreation is accessible to all
- Physical Literacy – Promote ‘cradle to grave’ participation and the importance of a strong foundation in the fundamentals of movement
KLSRC Received Funding through the Ontario Trillium Foundation in Spring 2015
We will be working on the following projects during the two-year grant:
- Development of KLSRC Steering Committee and sub-committees
- Hiring of a Coordinator
- Communication plan developed including logo, branding and social media
- Website developed for the council and membership
- Volunteer recruitment and retention plan for sport and recreation sector
- Sport and recreation plan for CKL (a document to set the vision/direction of the sport and recreation sector in CKL for the next 10 years
- Training opportunities for sport and recreation providers
- New sport and recreation programs offered
- Develop a sustainability plan for KLSRC beyond 2017
Gary Pearson, KLSRC Coordinator
705.324.4493 ext. 237
Send us an email on our Contact page